XPontus is now built on top of a plugin framework to allow a modular development. Most of XPontus features are provided as plugins.
For general XML files code completion is built on the fly when a DTD or schema is associated to the document. XSL completion is provided using a DTD embedded in the XML code completion plugin.
For HTML files, an embedded DTD is used to create the code completion database.
XPath 1.0 and 2.0 are supported.
Syntax coloring is enabled for XML and HTML related files
Like in the previous versions, XSL transformations are available(PDF, HTML, XML, SVG, TEXT).
- The Simple validation plugin can validate an opened document only
- The Batch XML validation can accept a list of files and/or directories and validate them based on some file extensions patterns(*.xml, *.xsl)
- he External schema validation plugin validates a file against an external schema(ie when the document has no associated schema)
Code structure browser
XPontus can display the hierarchic structure of XML and HTML files
Code indentation is available for XML and HTML files.
File system abstractions
XPontus will be able to use file system abstraction which means that a FTP file and a local file will be look all the same to the application.
The software can generate DTDS, XML schemas, Relax NG grammars from XML files.
XPontus features 2 types of documentation generators:
- an XML schema documentation generator
- a DTD documentation generator
Installers are available for Windows, Linux(Debian/Ubuntu, Suse/Fedora, Slackware), Unix, FreeBSD, Mac OS. There is also a cross platform installer
As XPontus is written Java, it runs on most platforms such as Windows, Linux/Unix, FreeBSD, MacOS.